Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I thought I would get more time and blog more often about my time with my dad with Dementia.  but unfortunately that did not happen.  He passed away July 18th, 2017.  When he passed, he could do nothing for himself.  I wonder sometimes why we treat our animals better than our loved ones and make them go through things that we would not put our dogs or cats through.  he was just a shell of a person and he certainly was not himself for many months.  He had been gone for many months.  I do not believe he even had brain activity.  When he passed he did not even seem to know anything that was going on around him.  I think he had been brain dead for a while.  He stopped eating the day before and went the next day so for that I was thankful, that it did not drag on.  I was also thankful that for my dad who had always been ridden with anxiety issues,  he had none at the end.  So, maybe God does know what he he is doing in that respect.  I wonder sometimes when it is young people that die way to early.  but, then I remember we live in an un-perfect world and Shit happens that really should not.  There is no explanation for it except Satan does exist. And bad things happen to good people.  It is just hard for the rest of us to watch and see and understand.  So, for my dad he was 90 years old and had lived a good long life.  and for that I was thankful.  God does know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment